Thursday, June 26, 2008

Growing green

Today one of my goals was to get some plants in the ground. I purchased a holly bush 2 days ago, and I wanted to give it the best opportunity to thrive in its new home. A few times this spring, I've purchased a plant, brought it home, set it "on" its new home, but didn't dig to plant it. They really don't like it when you do that (I'm finding out the hard way).

I had a few other plants that have been sitting in their original pots for over 3 weeks, just waiting for room to spread their roots. I finally got them in the ground today too (and used the root stimulator from Fertilome...I wonder how safe it is. I've used it for years, with great results), I did this early this morning, since the heat index is supposed to be in the mid 90's today. Yuk. I gave everything a healthy dose of H2O, and was once again thankful that I'm able to stay home and do this. My herbs are thriving, and everything green is staying that way. I'm still "saving" the water from my drippy new Moen kitchen faucet...about a quart every few hours. Tonight Thomas is replacing the cartridge...so no more drippy faucet after tonight! (stay tuned to see if the drip stops...)

I've been procrastinating doing anything paperwork related (balancing my check-book, paying bills, dealing with insurance, etc.). But...today is the day. My office needs a good cleaning-out. That might be this afternoon's project.

No comments: