Saturday, August 30, 2008

Cloth napkins vs paper napkins

Today's post is about cloth napkins. I use them at every meal. I love them. Some people think they are a luxury, but when comparing cloth napkins to paper napkins, cloth wins, hands down. Yes, you have to wash them, but not after every use. I remember my mom once telling me that when she was a child her family used cloth napkins, identified with a napkin ring, for a week before they went in the weekly wash. Each person's napkin ring was different, to identify the user.

I know some of you will think that washing cloth napkins uses more energy, and paper napkins are more convenient. Well...check out this article.

If you insist on using paper towels or paper napkins, make sure you're making the right choice for the environment...chlorine free and 100% recycled.

I admit it. I've been buying bleached white, non-recycled paper towels. From now on, I'm only buying the recycled paper towels. That's today's commitment for "Greener Every Day". What are you doing each day to be Greener Every Day?

No comments: